Le Surf is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22nd January 2020
SERVICE – is the www.le-surf.com website operated by us.
PERSONAL DATA – means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA – is data we collect automatically. It’s either generated by your use of our website, or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES – are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
DATA CONTROLLER – this is the natural or legal person who (either alone, or jointly, or in common with other people) determines what, or how, any personal information is, or will be, processed.
DATA PROCESSERS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) – means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use various Service Providers so that we can process your data more effectively.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that we can use to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but isn’t limited to:
- Your email address
- Your first name and last name
- Your phone number
- Your postal address
- Your date of birth
- Cookies and usage data
We use third-party services to process payments for any paid products and services.
We also collect information on how our website is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information like your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING COOKIES AND DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that can include an anonymous unique identifier. They’re sent to your browser from a website, and then stored on your device. Other tracking technologies we use include beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information, and to improve and analyse our website.
You can tell your browser to refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you don’t accept cookies, you might not be able to use some aspects of our website.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Sessions cookies – to operate our website
- Preference cookies – to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies – for security purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- to deliver items you have purchased to you – this is required for us to perform our contract with you in fulfilling your order.
- to send you messages by email or SMS including order and dispatch updates – to perform our contract with you so you’re aware of the status of your order.
- to send marketing and product information by email, SMS, or mail about our products and services to keep you up to date, unless you’ve opted out of these communications. If you currently receive our newsletter and no longer wish to, you can follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link located near the bottom of each newsletter.
- for fraud detection and prevention – against either you or Le Surf.
- showing you Le Surf adverts as your browse the web
- discovering what you like – to tailor our products and services to our customer’s preferences
- we may use your date of birth to send you exclusive information by email, SMS, or post on your birthday – to send you a birthday exclusive offer of gift.
- to take payments and make refunds – to perform our contract with you.
- detect and prevent fraud against either you or Le Surf
This is our communications whether by over the phone, email, instant chat, or social media or other means. We use this information to:
- provide support and customer service – to perform our contract with you and answer your questions about your order
- train our support staff – to continually improve our customer service to you
PURCHASE HISTORY & SAVED ITEMS
We use information on your purchases and what you’ve stored in your bag for later:
- to enable you to buy our products or services- this is required to perform our contract with you.
- to provide customer support and manage returns – this is required to perform our contract with you.
- to discover what you and other customers and visitors like – to tailor our products and services to our customer’s preferences.
- to send you information, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
DEVICE & WEBSITE INFORMATION
We use the information collected when you visit and browse our site, including your IP address and device type and identifiers and optionally, your location and your general use of our website to:
- improve our website’s functionality and ease-of-use.
- set location-related options for you (such as default currency and language) – to enhance your shopping experience with us.
- protect our website against fraud or other malicious activity against either you or Le Surf and to meet legal obligations for managing visitor and customer data.
COMPETITION & SURVEY INFORMATION
We use your entries to run the competition, promotion or survey. We do this to perform our contract with you so that we can process your entry. We use survey information to continually improve our customer service to you
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)
If you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using your information depends on the Personal Data we collect and how we use it.
We might process your data because:
- You’ve given us permission
- It’s necessary for payment processing
- We need to perform a contract with you
- It’s in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your rights
- It complies with the law
Your Personal Data and other information may be sent to, and maintained on, computers outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. Meaning the local data protection laws might be different to in your jurisdiction. If you’re outside the UK and choose to share data with us, please note that we transfer information, including Personal Data, to the UK where it’s processed.
We may disclose your data if we believe it’s necessary to:
- Comply with the law
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate any website-connected wrongdoing
- Protect the personal safety of website users or the public
- Protect against legal liability
SHARING YOUR DATA
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party. We do however share your data with the following categories of companies as part of providing our goods and services to you.
These companies are data processors who only use your data as instructed by us, the data controller. When they no longer need your data to undertake the immediate tasks we have asked them to undertake, your details will be deleted by them:
- Partner companies which deal with the fulfilment of your purchases, such as payment service providers, logistics and delivery companies.
- Service providers, such as marketing, advertising and analytics partners and web hosting and email service providers who help us to run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies so we can prevent and detect fraud.
- Payment services run by third parties which you may opt to use to make payment for orders.
YOUR GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Your rights relating to your personal information include:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- the right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- the right to request that we transfer parts of your data either to you or another service provider.
You can do most of this from your account settings., however if you are unable to or need support, or just have a question, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note: we might ask you to verify your identity before responding to requests about personal information.
You also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
Find out more by getting in touch with your local Data Protection Authority in the EEA.
WEBSITE MONITORING AND ADVERTISING
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyse our website. Google Analytics tracks and reports on website traffic, using the data collected to monitor our site. The data is shared with other Google services and used by Google to change and personalise the ads on its network.
BEHAVIOURAL REMARKETING & GOOGLE ADWORDS
Remarketing means showing you adverts on other websites based on what you viewed on ours. We’re able to do this thanks to the cookies we collect, which allow us to inform, optimise and display our ads. This is managed through Google AdWords, a remarketing & advertising service from Google Inc. If you’d like to opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads, go to the Google Ads settings page. Google also recommends the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On, which stops Google Analytics collecting and using your data.
If you’d like more information on Google’s privacy practices, go to their Privacy & Terms web page.
We also have a Facebook Pixel installed onto our site and we will use the data it collects to serve you targeted advertisements from time to time. You can opt out of this at anytime within Facebook.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over, or responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
If you have any questions or would like some more information, just email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: 5a Bank Street, Newquay, Cornwall, TR71EP
This page was updated on January 2020